McDaniel: Time for an Apology?

By Senator Chris McDaniel

At the core of my political beliefs is an unyielding desire for individual freedom.

As a Constitutionalist, I believe all liberties must be protected, and equality should prevail.  All people are worthy of dignity.  All deserve respect.  Indeed, I’ve spent my entire career defending the rights of others, even when I sometimes disagreed with how they were being exercised.  And that includes the unborn.

But the so-called rights of angry marchers do not extend to our pocketbooks, so we must make our stand.

To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson:  For the government to compel a person to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions or acts which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.

Political correctness does not change that fact.  Neither do the complaints of demanding liberals.

The good people of Mississippi should not have to pay for the abortions of others; taxpayers must not be made to spend our money on acts which are morally repugnant.

The “unity principles” which are the foundation of the so-called “women’s march” are little more than a manifesto of extremism. As clearly explained on the organizers’ website, the principles demand taxpayer-funded abortions and free birth control “regardless of income.”  Put simply; they want others to be financially responsible for their lifestyle choices.  But that’s not how a free society works.

As I described in the Facebook post that caused the initial uproar, many of those women have used their disposable income on non-essential items like piercings, tattoos, body paintings, signs, and plane tickets.  And yet, instead of prioritizing their spending habits, they still unreasonably insist that the people of Mississippi pay for their birth control and abortions.

That’s nonsense.

The tragic irony of the women’s march is that most were marching for the “right” to violently end the lives of their unborn, including the lives of little girls.

I will not support such an agenda.

As to their calls for my resignation, I have no interest.  I will not comply.  To the contrary, I’ll continue to fight them every step of the way.

Will there be an apology?  Absolutely not.

But Mississippians expect one.

That’s why it’s time for Planned Parenthood, NARAL, and the other pro-abortion groups that have condoned and even encouraged the abortions of approximately 60 million children — including 30 million baby girls — since the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973 to offer an apology to the American people for promoting a culture that devalues life and demeans individual dignity.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to do everything in my power to push for the defunding of Planned Parenthood and the repeal of Obamacare.

I was elected to fight for the people of Mississippi, our principles, and beliefs.  And that’s what I will continue to do.  We’ve all been silent too long; it’s time for us to be heard.

I’ll continue to battle until the very end, even if I have to stand alone.

Advertisements

Comments

1. Senator McDaniel, you believe strongly in the position you’ve taken. You defend it with vigor and enthusiasm. You do not apologize for that. The fact that you are still full speed ahead refusing to represent 100% of the constituents in your district – sir, that is what you apologize for. You ran a campaign and won. The minute you swore your oath to represent your district you made a promise to them all. Deliberately offending them, calling them names, telling them they lost to get over it. Now be honest. Is that really what Jesus would do? Peace out. Sad I can’t comment on your page any more.

• Should read 100%. Little screen. Bad eyes

• Ramona Acord says:

Jesus said “render unto Caesar wat is Caesar’s and unto God what is God’s”. This Senator’s job is comparable to Cesar’s functioning in government. His is not a spiritual job. He is doing his job as God wants – to guide the nation”s laws to good! Governmment is responsible for justice, not forgiveness. That is up to the individual and God!

• William Read says:

Robin: Jesus would not support your pro death position !

• What pro death position? I suggested that not just insulting half your constituency but then telling them to get over it is not the way you govern. No you will never please all of them. But to put the rights of some so blatantly over the rights of others gets you a short political career. And I’m assuming he’s in it for the long haul. He’s very much in his rights to hold his strongly held beliefs. Our country is not based on religion though. We have a constitution. That is what he bases his laws on. That’s what we all base our laws on. All the folks wanting us to be a theocracy – is it gonna be a catholic one? Prodestant? Episcipalian? Baptist? Norman? Lutheran? How are we gonna decide? There’s a reason it says we will not have state sanctioned or government sanctioned religion in our republic. It’s for our protection.

• Robin, it is physically impossible for any elected official to represent every persons view, that is why the person running spends time telling potential voters his or her positions on issues. Then, if they’re elected they have the majority’s ok to move forward with their plans. We are very fortunate to have someone in Mississippi who is doing what he indicated he would.

• That does not give him the authority to run roughshod over the minority. If it is a minority. What happens when you don’t agree with him. When what he represents hurts you or your family. People what happened to civility. What happened to us.

• Senator McDaniel BLOCKED me on his Facebook page for disagreeing with his views in a nonthreatening manner. This is unacceptable. Not only does he not represent all of his constituents, he is now suppressing dissent and freedom of speech. Unacceptable. Share this information!

2. Robert Woodcock says:

Senator McDaniel I am here to tell you That you will never stand alone in the beliefs you have. I wish more senators and politicians in general stood with you! I n my opinion your a hell of a politician and a good man. You owe no one an apology!

• Sen Chris McDaniel you will never stand alone.
      Thanks for taking a STRONG stand
      You are and will always represent Ms
      Well
      Ty for what you do

3. Susan Ledbetter says:

Again thank you Senator McDaniel!

4. Never apologize for standing by your convictions. We have all stood quietly and watched as our rights and personal freedoms have been torn from our grasp. You have a platform and without voices like yours, none of us can reasonably expect to be heard. I am not from Mississippi and do not live in Mississippi, before this morning I had never heard of you. Tonight, I, a military wife, mother and, most importantly, a Christian am typing this from my home in NC and I offer you my unwavering support. I am proud to say I stand behind a man who won’t back down. God Bless you!

• What rights and personal freedoms have been stripped from your hands? List them. Tell me who did it. I will fight for you.

5. Catherine Bertie says:

Hi Senator McDaniel, Thank you for showing strength in your moral compass. I must say that I had quite the giggle reading the responses. Very well done. However, because you represent your State, you were mindful to acknowledge that valid point. I, myself enjoy a nice vibrant debate. This is when my mind began to wander (it does that a lot). As these individuals were drawn to your page through their own parties frustrations, you might have made one individual think. You might have allowed one to understand. By taking that one step forward and allowed the attention to draw solely on you, you might have saved an unborn child’s’ life..Bravo.

6. Jameson Lewis says:

The senator’s arguments generalize the reasons for the March. Why doesn’t he address the other reasons? Rape (1 in 3 women are raped), domestic violence (1 in 3), women’s pay .60 cents on the dollar. He made unfair generalizations about the women who participated in the March. Does he not represent women that participated in the March? I’m pro life. The fact is that abortions are at the lowest rate they have ever been because of the available birth control. I just find it odd that he seems obsessed with abortions. Which the government already doesn’t pay for. As an elected leader he is expected to behave in a dignified manner. He did not. He is masking blatant sexism under the guise of standing up for conservatives. I think he should resign. Regardless if he does or not he has ruined himself. He can not take back what he said ever and he is now internet famous for the wrong reasons. All a prospective employer has to do is do a Google search and he becomes a liability to his employer. Just ask all the people that got fired this week.

• 1 in 3 women are raped? Are you crazy? You are citing a WHO report talking about sexual violence globally!

• Jameson Lewis says:

I apologize if my facts and figures are not exact but it’s still pretty high. One is too high. Our culture is too violent. As a Christian I can’t support abortion but I can support people standing up for themselves. Why not lend support to them? You don’t know everyone’s personal situations. He should show compassion for others. And he is just feeding the divide in our country which is dangerous. These are dangerous times. We don’t need our country to be more destabilized. I think he just wanted to get a rise out of those women. But who cares what I think anyhow. I’ve said my piece. Y’all can do better and you know it.

• Does it really matter? Have you been assaulted? Known someone that was? Held a 16 year old girl that was kidnapped and assaulted? Counseled a battered wife left for dead after her husband raped her? It doesn’t matter if it’s 1 or 100. It’s too many. And until women working the same job as a man is paid the same pay as that man we are not equal. I work in accounting. Men in my position make more and get promoted faster. I can promise you it’s not ability or intelligence. I have to carefully word everything I say or do in my profession so I’m not considered too bossy. So please stop dismissing these issues as if they do not matter. They do.

• As for women making less than men (and it’s not .60 on the dollar either), that’s been debunked many times. http://www.forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2016/04/12/dont-buy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/#2d158cf44766

But why not protest Hillary Clinton, her Foundation paid women less than men! A lot less!

• The ones that got fired were probably using their working hours to get on Google. Don’t know where you got your averages but they were wrong. And talk about feeding the divide in our country, what do you think you are doing? We have a Democracy in the United States. ALL and I do mean ALL you women that marched should have read what Democracy means before you decided to march because Trump won. You can’t chose Democracy and then protest because you don’t get your way. Women have had their “Rights” for years. You don’t have to protest about that. Equal “Pay” has also been given to women for years. So don’t say you are protesting about that. So that leaves “the right to kill babies and mad about the election” to protest about. The people that planned the march told the Pro-life “women” that they were not wanted. Doesn’t that tell you that it was a march to protest because you wanted the right to kill babies? And you were a part of that.

• Well said Carol and I agree wholeheartedly! Does he forget that PP gets over half a billion of taxpayers dollars? And everybody knows that they are killing babies in the womb and from the undercover video last yr. showing PP reps. selling to the highest bidder,these aborted baby’s precious little parts and making light of it. That was so disgraceful and de-humanizing.

• Exactly right! Planned Parenthood sells baby parts!!

• I can’t comment on the comments below. But seriously guys. That video was fake. Planned parenthood provides needed exams education and contraception. Federal money is prohibited from funding abortions. This is debunked just like that 60 cents on the dollar.

7. Thank you Chris for standing up for what is right! We are behind you all the way!!

8. Jameson Lewis says:

One more thing. I am deeply embarrassed by his comments. I think he makes the great state of Mississippi and it’s people look bad. He needs to focus his energies on the very real problems facing our state rather than squabble on Facebook. Is that what we are paying him for?

9. Jameson Lewis says:

I mean why even bother arguing. So what if the liberals want planned parenthood anyway? The Republicans have control of the government now. They ain’t gonna get it. Seems like a giant waste of taxpayer time to me.

• Have you ever checked and actually seen what we pay or senators, I think you will figure out we are getting our money’s worth from Chris.

10. Mississippi says:

I am with you!

11. John Sharma says:

Nice work senator, you’re one politician that gets my respect.

12. Jameson Lewis says:

I am also very fiscally conservative as well as socially conservative and I just think that rather than looking his down his nose at folks over some birth control he might want to worry about our trillion dollar deficit and our new president that wants to spend billions of dollars we can’t afford on a wall! That’s what keeps me up at night!

• He wasn’t looking down his nose. Fiscal conservatism was at the heart of what Senator McDaniel was saying, as well as individual liberty. He doesn’t believe taxpayers should be paying for the stuff those women want – free abortions and birth control, etc. If anything, they are looking down their nose at us, expecting us to pay for their lifestyle choices.

As for spending billions on a wall, the price of illegal immigration is far more than a wall. It’s costing us much more than that every single year. Once the wall is built and security tightened (which is the main job of the federal government) it’s going to more than pay for itself over time.

• I beg to differ. Senator McDaniel is definitely showing his “I’m high on the mountain and all you people disagreeing with me are beneath me so far” card. He even blocked some of us for simply trying to discuss his position on the internet sales tax.

13. Carla Isted says:

Stay strong Senator, I stand with you!

14. Jennifer Rayne says:

You contradict yourself, if you believe all people deserve diginity then continue to trash us, you really don’t believe people deserve diginity. You owe, to ALL the people of Mississippi, educated assessments of Planned Parenthood (services for poor/low income women) especially what science has to say about abortions. The research is out there. Instead of being educated and informed, in fact, are just gloating about your perceived power. As I said in a comment to you before you blocked me from your page, “The world is watching.” You are an embarrassment to Mississippi. I hang my head in shame that I live in your district and you do not represent me as a poor/low income single mother. Shame on you and all our Mississippi government staying silent.

• Sure he represents you but why is it the taxpayers’ responsibility to provide for you?

• Jennifer Rayne says:

That’s a stupid question. Why do we(taxpayers) pay a public servant(McDaniel) a nice salary with the best benefits package offered in America so that he can publicly denigrate his constituency? Why do we (taxpayers) have to pay for low income/poor citizens on public assistance when huge corporations pay poverty wages? It’s funny how y’all only have a problem with ‘big’ government and spending when it comes to “the least of these” AMERICAN citizens, but don’t consider the other huge parts of government making it rain all over Wall Street.
        Chris McDaniel is a pathetic excuse for a public servant. He brings shame to Mississippi.

• Do you actually know his salary or are you just assuming it’s a large number. State senators salary is public info so I would look it up.

• Jennifer Rayne says:

Um, Jeff, I said he makes a nice salary and however large it is does not matter because even $1 of tax money that goes to fund his ability to denigrate his constituency is way too much!

• Jennifer there are more people in your district than the good senator realizes. Speak up. Reach out. Get ready to run against him. We have to find our civility before we all go so far down the rabbit hole.

15. I’m not in your district. I’m not even in your state. But congratulations, because your comments have gotten you noticed by a huge group of very active people in Michigan. People with the disposable income to send money to whoever decides to oppose you next election.

16. Nancy Bell says:

Ok pro-abortion women activist, why do you never consider fighting for the lives and future for the unborn baby girls? Why doesn’t the prospect of the birth of a potential future female leader, teacher, sister or citizen matter to you? They matter to me, as do the male babies. Wake up and know that we are killing our future by snuffing out life before the child has any chance to see their potential on this earth!

• I would believe that is all you good Christian conservatives didn’t talk about folks being on the public teet of assistance all the time. And if you weren’t so audaciously trying to shut down the one place that is single handefly bringing down the number of abortions performed by providing education and contraception to women that cannot afford gyn visits.

17. Tiffany Derrick says:

If you’d like to misread Jefferson, fine, but we all know that his paraphrased quote above doesn’t mean what you’re making it mean. His quote comes from the Virginia Statue for Religious Freedom and is referring to not making people support one religion over another if they do not believe it to be true.

His treatise also contains this quote, which you’ve ignored: “that our civil rights have no dependance on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry; “

• Tiffany Derrick says:

It also ends with this…..pay attention to that last sentence.

We the General Assembly of Virginia do enact that no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burdened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.

• Shari Forsythe says:

Senator McDaniel, your posts indicate you are smug, arrogant and use information, as Trump does, to conveniently bend the truth to your own convictions. I attended the Chicago march and I have to assume the crowd was similar to the one in DC. I met lawyers, doctors, nurses, teachers, professionals, students, moms, grandmothers, sons, daughters, husbands, fathers and grandfathers. You and Trump conveniently ignore the millions of employed, hard-working, taxpaying, law abiding women (and men) who marched because we feel that this country is headed in a very wrong direction. We marched because we believe, as scientists in the field do, that climate change is real, caused by humans, and will negatively affect us all if steps are not taken immediately to correct it. We believe in rights and opportunities for our disabled citizens and the right of a good public school education for our children. We marched for women’s rights, affordable healthcare, and a myriad of other rights and issues which we feel deeply about and which Trump is about to trample on. We marched because we have a narcissistic, reckless, misogynist, uninformed leader at our helm who hasn’t taken the time to fully grasp the import of his office before speaking, tweeting and signing bills into law which will have far reaching effects on our country and the world. I see from your comments, that you are openly antagonistic to women and to others who do not share your narrow point of view. Abortion is at an all time low, due to better, long term contraception, which Planned Parenthood provides, in addition to many other women’s health needs. Your state is one of the worst in funding for services for adults with disabilities. What are you doing to help them while you post and write about women and liberals? The good people of Mississippi and our country have voted in myopic men like you and Trump who deride women’s rights, then gloat about it. Out of state voters, like me, will be closely watching your next election and aiding your opponent in any way we can. Heaven help us all in the meantime.

• “We marched because we have a narcissistic, reckless, misogynist, uninformed leader at our helm.” No Hillary lost! It was Mrs. Clinton that takes millions from nations that are the worst abusers of women on Earth! And by the way, in case you didn’t know this, Planned Parenthood sells baby parts! That is Nazism! Yeah I said it!

18. Don Taylor says:

“May our principal men be men of principle!” — Thomas Jefferson. ‘Nough said!

• Dear editor interjecting your beliefs as facts planned parenthood does not seek out pregnant women and convince or force them to have abortions so they can then in turn sell those baby body parts. Do some research that’s been vetted please. Any fetal tissue sold is by permission and after the hatchet job of a fake video I do not believe it is happening at all.

19. Colleen Conroy-Hickman says:

I don’t live in your state. But I found your senator’s enthusiasm to repeal the ACA to be very hypocritical. He claims to be a Christian but he is excited to see millions of hard workers, who cannot afford health care without the ACA, be thrown off of their insurance. I don’t believe anyone who works forty hours a week should go without health care. What about the lives of these people? Your senator seems to be judging everyone as to why they are marching. He thinks they all want free abortions and birth control. Maybe many are marching because they are fearful of losing their insurance even though they work very hard. Why doesn’t he offer solutions to the repeal of the ACA for these people? And what about the portion of Planned Parenthood that provides cancer screenings and health care to low income women? Will there be a replacement for them if Planned Parenthood is shut down? Your senator just comes across as judgemental and callous and very one sided. Their are many taxpayers out there that do not agree with the abortion aspect of Planned Parenthood but we want to help low income and poor women get their health care and screenings.

• The Senator takes an oath to uphold the Constitution and is very committed to that, and the ACA is unconstitutional. As for Christian values, he exercises those every day and gives much to churches and charities. Jesus told us, His followers, to provide for the poor, not the government. The Bible teaches us that “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” So therefore it is wrong to covet what your more affluent neighbor has and force them to pay taxes to take care of another. In fact, until the 20th Century it was always ruled unconstitutional. Those are his values, the values he was elected to uphold, as well as those of many conservatives and libertarians.

We are $20 trillion in debt with runaway entitlements. If we don’t stop this and rein it in, the system is going to collapse. It’s just a fact. Unfunded liabilities are $200 trillion by some estimates. And we just keep piling it higher and higher. It might be okay if it worked but it’s clearly not. Tens of trillions on anti-poverty programs and 50 million on food stamps!

• Jennifer Rayne says:

Thank God for the separation of church and state!!! Abortion is constitutionally protected. So, he should resign considering our constitutional rights go against his beliefs and he is so pious.
        Luke 18:22-25
        22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24 Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” Old Testament or New Testament? Nobody knows! Let’s just all throw out Bible versus that back up our argument so we seem like we are good Christians! Again, Thank The Good Lord we have separation of church and state! Chris McDaniel is deplorable for what he is saying and doing against his constituency. Chris McDaniel is not a good Christian when he defends the wealthy against the plight of income stagnation and poverty prevelant for millions of Americans.

• It’s constitutionally protected? Actually you should read this: 14th Amendment – No State shall “deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Oh but you say a fetus is not a person huh? Wanna argue Scripture? Ok! Jeremiah 1:5 – “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.”

Might want to consider those!

• Chris McDaniel is not a good Christian you say? Are you? At least he doesn’t believe in killing children and selling baby parts like Nazis!

• Jennifer Rayne says:

For dimwhitted white men that run biased rag publishings, we pray.

• Let me ask you this: Whether abortion is a right or not is certainly an argument that has been made. However, one right that is beyond dispute is my right to keep and bear arms! Should taxpayers fund my weapons and ammo? Hmmmmmmmm? Then I’m not paying for your abortion, birth control and tampons!

• Reading your other posts, you say you are a poor, single mother living in Chris’s district. So you know just how futile your effort is to discredit him. He’s not resigning and NO ONE can or will beat him. I am sorry to hear about your situation but you are in the position you are in because of decisions YOU made, not me, not Chris McDaniel, and not the taxpayers of Jones and northern Forrest County.

There are three things people must do in order to better insure they do not live in poverty: 1) Finish high school. 2) Get a full time job. 3) Delay having children. When you do those things, odds are you will have a much more successful life. I did all those and more. I went to college and grad school to become a college professor, which I am now. My point is YOU have to determine to get yourself out of your situation and not ask others to do it for you. People can and should help but not the government. Handouts don’t work; a hand up does.

Spewing hate and vitriol on here toward me and Senator McDaniel doesn’t do one bit of good toward bettering yourself.

• Jennifer Rayne says:

Well, considering you are doing a whole lot of assuming about my life, with absolutely zero facts to the state of my success, you are indeed telling me what a true ___ you are. He won’t last long. The great people of Mississippi will vote him out. The world is watching his deplorable behavior. I’m not discrediting him. He did a good job of that himself.

• Wow such language! You should have been a speaker at the March the other day! I’m not assuming anything, just going by your own words. But the support for Senator McDaniel has been overwhelming in his favor! Loud mouths from Michigan and California do not count! Remember he got 87 percent of the vote last time out, so GOOD LUCK trying to beat him! You and your side will be utterly humiliated!

• By the way, did you sign the Change.org petition calling on Senator McDaniel to resign? It’s doing great I hear! You got a grand total of 1259 signatures in the whole country! And yet you say he “won’t last long.” ROFL!!!

• Colleen Conroy-Hickman says:

It seems to me that you are saying that the people who work 40 hours a week and still cannot afford health care are to blame. Do you think they are “coveting” because they expect proper health care whilst living in the wealthiest country in the world? Not once did you mention corporate greed. It’s as though you believe it does not exist. It’s admirable that your senator defends the unborn. But it shouldn’t end there. Many people of all ages will die without proper health-care insurance. This has nothing to do with coveting and you know it. We must fix this. Anyone who works deserves proper health care. It sounds to me as though you are a Christian. You should pray on this, as I will pray for you and your senator, that the Holy Spirit will do a work inside of both of your souls and spirits to align your thinking to be more Christ-like. God bless.

• So what you seem to be saying is that its okay to covet some things? We can covet health insurance right? And of course the issue of coveting does apply, because if you want government to tax me to pay for you, then in essence you are coveting what is mine to pay for what you don’t have. Show me the Scripture where Christ said we should use government to help the less fortunate. No he said for His church to do so. Jesus was NOT a socialist. Jesus never turned his back on some poor person and said, “The Romans will take care of you.” The Good Samaritan is a great story of helping someone out of love and compassion, not force.

Not YOU or anyone else has any RIGHT to what is mine. I pay enough in taxes. Too much! As for what I do with the money I earn, and who I give it to, that is between me and God, and quite frankly it’s not your concern. But you are obviously a left winger and enough is never enough with you people. Why don’t you pay more in taxes every year? You know you can do that voluntarily right? But I bet you don’t!!

As for my Christian walk, I’ve followed Christ since I was a little boy. I know the Scriptures as well as you do. I am saved and filled with the Holy Spirit and I certainly don’t need you to judge me and tell me I’m lacking in any area! But let me give you some advice: Stop thinking with your feelings. Get your feelings off your sleeve, which is obviously where they are! If you truly follow Christ, then look to the Scriptures, His Eternal Word, and not your feelings and certainly not the platform of the Democratic Party!

You obviously believe that government can provide for mankind better than we can provide for ourselves (which is completely unbiblical; the Bible teaches that you are responsible for yourself – Is your salvation dependent on anyone but you?). And, aside from the fact that government has completely failed in those areas ($20 trillions in debt; nearly $25 trillion spent on anti-poverty programs since 1964; unfunded mandates at more than $150 trillion; skyrocketing healthcare costs), for that I can only say you need to pray, study the Word, and grasp God’s wisdom!

• “If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work but busybodies. Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.”
        – The Apostle Paul, II Thessalonians 3:10-12

20. Dwana Myers says:

Thank you, Senator – for taking a stand & for NOT apologizing for it! I am a native Mississippian & will live out the number of my days here and I appreciate what you are saying/doing. As long as I breathe you will never stand alone!

21. Mary Thompson says:

I also want to thank you Senator McDaniel for the stand that you take. You are not alone when you are on the side of Right . God will bless you . This is my prayer.

22. Linda Smith says:

Thank you, Mr. McDaniel for standing up for the taxpayers of your district and Mississippi. My husband and I started out 44 years ago in Mississippi with almost nothing….no car, no house, not even a T.V.! My husband had joined the Air Force and finished basic training. He came home on an 8-day leave and we got married in a very small, no cost wedding(no reception$$$), and honeymooned 1 night at a motel between Laurel and Sandersville. We have 3 wonderful, grown children. We have ALWAYS paid for our birth control ourselves. Thankfully, we’ve never had any decision about abortion, but we are Pro-life because that is God’s work, not humans’. Please do not be discouraged by these folks who don’t know you, but more importantly don’t know God. Their eyes are blinded. God bless you in all that you do.

23. Income tax, as we know it today was established in 1862 to support the Civil War effort, there were some that disagreed with that effort but until there was a conclusion nothing could be addressed and the tax went on. My point here is that a tax was levied to support a long time cause for the life of human beings, yes, I know that the Civil War cost us more lives than all the other wars combined but without it we could not maintain that “all men are ‘created’ equal”, and I emphasize ‘created’, so in effect, no religious value attached the income tax established in 1862 was never intended to strip any human being of their “right to life”, color, nationality, creed, or even age, so I stand as always on the side of life and my extreme distain of using taxpayer money the most times brutal murder of innocent children.